The Inclusive Higher Education Canvas is a visualisation tool that provides a holistic overview of the key aspects of an inclusive higher education institution. The Canvas is organised in 9 puzzle pieces which represent the 3 core dimensions of Inclusive Higher Education framework (policies, practices, and accessibility). Each dimension consists of 3 standards which guide discussions and analysis of the inclusive profile of a higher education institution:
A. Policies: National level, Regional level, University level
B. Practices: Administration, Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
C. Accessibility: Physical, Digital, Social and AttitudinalDownload as .PPT
How to use it
Optimally, the Inclusive Higher Education Canvas is used after going through the Checklist. To help you reflect on the different dimensions, you should make sure to check the InclusiveHE framework.
- Step 1: Print the canvas or use the powerpoint slide.
- Step 2: Individually or in teams reflect on each dimension (puzzle piece) and how you can improve it (you can go through all the dimensions or focus on the dimension that the Checklist has indicated as most urgent).
- Step 3: Use markers and Post It notes to document the results of your discussion or write in the puzzle pieces in the powerpoint slide.
- Step 4: After filling each puzzle piece, discuss the whole canvas and concentrate on its consistency
- Step 5: Use the Inclusive Strategy Worksheet to list next steps, milestones and timeframes